- CENER laboratory is the only one in Spain accredited by ENAC (Spanish National Entity of Accreditation) to calibrate pyranometers and pyheliometers.
- The measurements are performed at the BSRN (Baseline Surface Radiation Network) radiometric station owned by CENER.
Sarriguren (Navarra) 19th of March, 2018.-Since the beginning of March, technicians of CENER’s (National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain) Solar Thermal Energy Department are conducting the calibration of pyranometers at their laboratory. At present, CENER laboratory is the only one in Spain accredited by ENAC (Spanish National Accreditation Entity) to calibrate pyranometers and pyheliometers. The 2018 season begins in March and will be continued until October, since the typology of the calibrations requires a specific period of the year.
The calibration of pyranometers is carried out at an outdoor infrastructure located at CENER headquarters building in Sarriguren (Navarre, Spain). For this purpose, a standard pyranometer is used. This pyranometer has traceability to reference standards of the World Radiation Center (WRC-PMOD) located in Davos (Switzerland). The measurements are performed at the BSRN (Baseline Surface Radiation Network) radiometric station owned by CENER.
For the customer to receive the appropriate certification; CENER is accredited by ENAC to calibrate pyranometers according to the international standard ISO 9847:1992 – “Calibration of a field pyranometer by comparison to a reference pyranometer”. CENER laboratory is also accredited by ENAC to calibrate field pyheliometers according to the International Standard ISO 9059:1990 – “Calibration of a field pyrheliometer by comparison to a reference pyrheliometer”. However, calibration of pyheliometers can be carried out throughout the whole year.
In addition to calibration, the Solar Thermal Energy Laboratory is considered as a reference in its sector, for the variety and complementarity of services offered in the following areas:
- Solar radiation measurement station audits
- Solar Thermal Power Plants components characterization tests:
- On-site inspection of parabolic trough collector receivers
- On-site characterization of the optical quality of solar collectors (photogrammetry and deflectometry).
- Non-destructive optical characterization of parabolic trough collector receivers. Technical capability to perform simultaneous spectral measurements of transmittance and reflectance, in the wavelength range (from 300 nm to 2500 nm).
- Thermal losses characterization of parabolic trough collector receivers at different temperatures.
- Solar receivers tubes ageing tests.
- Spectral characterization of reflectance, absorptivity and transmittance
- Durability tests: ultraviolet exposure, salt mist corrosion, thermal cycles; hail storm resistance, humid heat.
- On-site evaluation and characterization of systems and components.
- Medium temperature components characterization tests;
- Solar collectors according to the Standard ISO 9806
- Solar systems according to the Standard EN12976
- Solar water heater stores according to the Standard EN12977
For more information on the characteristics of the tests and the activities of the department please visit our web page: http://www.cener.com/en/areas/solar-thermal-energy-department/
You can request further information at: email@example.com / Tfno: +34 948 25 28 00