- CENER’s laboratory is the only one in Spain accredited by ENAC to calibrate pyranometers and pyrheliometers.
- Measurements at CENER are made at the radiometric station BSRN (Baseline Surface Radiation Network).
Sarriguren (Navarra) on 27 of March, 2019. CENER (National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain) has been calibrating pyranometers for ten years. The annual season begins in March. This sensor measurement campaign will remain open until October, since these are the months of the year in which meteorology is more favourable and the required conditions for scattering angles of incidence and the appropriate levels of solar radiation concurs.
CENER has the only laboratory in Spain that is currently accredited by ENAC (Spanish National Certification Body) to calibrate pyranometers and pyrheliometers, although in the case of pyrheliometers calibrations are not subject to seasonality and are performed throughout the year.
The calibration of pyranometers is carried out at an outdoor infrastructure located at CENER headquarters building in Sarriguren (Navarre, Spain). For this purpose, a standard pyranometer is used. This pyranometer has traceability to reference standards of the World Radiation Center (WRC-PMOD) located in Davos (Switzerland). The measurements are performed at the BSRN (Baseline Surface Radiation Network) radiometric station owned by CENER.
In order the customer could have the appropriate certification; CENER is accredited by ENAC to calibrate pyranometers according to the international standard ISO 9847:1992 “Calibration of a field pyranometer by comparison to a reference pyranometer”. CENER laboratory is also accredited by ENAC to calibrate field pyheliometers according to the International Standard ISO 9059:1990 “Calibration of a field pyrheliometer by comparison to a reference pyrheliometer”.
In addition to the calibration activity, the Solar Thermal Energy Laboratory is considered as a reference of the sector, for the variety and complementarity of their services offered in the following areas:
- Solar radiation measurement station audits
- Solar Thermal Power Plants components characterization tests:
- Characterization tests of components of solar thermal power plants
- On-site inspection of parabolic trough collector receivers
- On-site characterization of the optical quality of solar collectors (photogrammetry and deflectometry).
- Non-destructive optical characterization of parabolic trough collector receivers. Technical capability to perform simultaneous spectral measurements of transmittance and reflectance, in the wavelength range (from 300 nm to 2500 nm).
- Thermal losses characterization of parabolic trough collector receivers at different temperatures.
- Solar receiver’s tubes ageing tests.
- Spectral characterization of reflectance, absorptivity and transmittance
- Durability tests: ultraviolet exposure, salt mist corrosion, thermal cycles; hail storm resistance, humid heat.
- On-site evaluation and characterization of systems and components.
- Medium and low temperature components characterization tests;
- Solar collectors according to the Standard ISO 9806
- Solar systems according to the Standard EN12976
- Solar water heater stores according to the Standard EN12977
For more information about the characteristics of the tests and the activities of the department you can visit our web page http://www.cener.com/es/areas-de-investigacion/departamento-de-energia-solar-termica/
You can also request for more information at: email@example.com / Tfno: +34 948 25 28 00
The National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain (CENER) develops applied research in renewable energies, and provides technological support to companies and energy institutions in six areas: wind, solar thermal and photovoltaic solar energy, biomass, smart and efficient buildings and districts, and grid integration of energy. CENER is a technology centre with worldwide recognised prestige, activity and experience.