Solar thermal system and component modeling, simulation, optimization and design
- Solar thermal power plants.
- Domestic hot water systems.
- Heating and cooling systems.
Development and validation of simulation tools
- Optical performance.
- Energy performance.
- Analysis of technical-economic optimization.
- Analysis and propagation of uncertainties.
- Internationally recognized ENAC accredited laboratory for Solar Keymark and SRCC (Solar Rating & Certification Corp.) certification testing according to:
- UNE-EN-12975-1/2 – “Thermal solar systems and components, solar collectors.”
- UNE-EN-12976-1/2 – “Thermal solar systems and components, factory made systems, using the CSTG (according to ISO 9459-2) or DST (according to ISO 9459-5) methodologies”.
- UNE-EN 12977-3, “Thermal solar systems and components. Solar water heater stores and on solar combistores.
- ISO 9806:2013 – “Solar Energy. Solar Thermal Collectors, test methods”.
- Solar thermal power plant component characterization testing:
- Optical characterization of solar collectors in field. Nondestructive optical characterization of solar receivers capacity for simultaneous spectral transmittance and reflectance measurements in a wavelength range from 300 nm to 2500 nm.
- Characterization of thermal losses in solar receivers at different temperatures.
- Spectral characterization of reflectance, absorptance and transmittance.
- Durability testing: exposure to ultraviolet, salt mist corrosion testing, thermal cycling, resistance to hail storms, damp heat.
- Energy performance evaluation testing customized to specific prototypes.