In addition to the test services offered at the LEA, CENER has an experimental wind farm to install prototypes and it is suitable for certification tests in complex terrain conditions and with high wind levels.
It has 6 calibrated positions to install prototypes of machines of up 5 MW each, and 5 additional meteorological towers, 120 metres high.
The farm has been provided with continuous operational measurement equipment, offices for customers and meeting rooms. It has been meticulously studied, characterized and analysed to offer the best conditions for prototype.
Technical data sheet
- 6 positions of up to 5 MW, class I and IIA.
- 280 m separation.
- Sub-station: 20 kV/66 kV
- Calibrated sites.
- 5 sensorised masts at different heights, from 40 m to 120 m.
Acredited tests for type certification:
- Power curve (IEC 61400-12-1).
- Energy quality (IEC 61400-21).
- Noise (IEC 61400-11).
- Mechanical loads (IEC 61400-13).
CENER has ENAC and MEASNET accreditations, required to perform the above four tests, and it is a leading member of the latter organization.
Verification of response to voltage dips.
- Control optimisation.
- Design validation.
- Design tool optimization.
- Design and execution of customided structural and aerodynamic tests
Co-financed infraestructure by: