The National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain (CENER) develops applied research in renewable energies, and provides technological support to companies and energy institutions in six areas: wind, solar thermal and photovoltaic solar energy, biomass, smart and efficient buildings and districts, and grid integration of energy. CENER is a technology centre with worldwide recognised prestige, activity and experience.
The Board of Trusteeship is comprised of the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness, Ciemat, the Ministry of Energy, Tourism and the Digital Agenda and the Government of Navarre.
CENER’s headquarters is located close to Pamplona (Navarre-Spain). The centre has also cutting edge techonolgical infrastructures and offices at other locations.
CENER´s expertise is focused on three main areas:
- Development of R+D+i projects for industrial application.
- Highly skilled testing services and certification for components.
- Technical assistance and feasibility studies for renewable energy technologies.
CENER’s activity covers the entire renewable energy generation process:
- Renewable Resource Assesment.
- Development of Simulation and Design Tools.
- Development of Renewable Energy Generation Technology.
- Definition and Performance of Tests on complete systems and components.
- Technological Risk Assessment.
- Feasibility Studies.
- Development and Application of Regulatory Laws.