Energy Transition in Cities Department
indefinite // In Sarriguren (Navarre-Spain)
Your mission will be to strengthen R&D activities of the Department related to design and implementation of energy systems in buildings and urban areas. These responsibilities include:
- Generation, promotion and development of new innovative energy concepts and systems, based on renewable energies, both at building and district scale.
- Execution of scientific-technological tasks according to your specialization in ongoing projects, including project planning and monitoring.
- Energy modelling of high performance buildings and their energy systems
- Collaboration with the ICT Department in the development of energy management systems.
- Drafting of R&D proposals in different national and international calls.
We will be looking for candidates who possess:
- A master’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or similar. Specific energy efficiency and/or renewable energies in buildings qualification will be considered a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience in the fields of innovative HVAC systems, energy efficiency and integration of renewable energies in buildings.
- Demonstrable experience in advanced simulation of buildings and HVAC systems, with a good knowledge of reference software (Energy Plus, Open Studio, TRNSYS,…) including parametric analysis. Advanced knowledge of other simulation tools will be an asset.
- Good knowledge in thermal and/or electrical building installations, renewable energy systems, automation and control and technical management of buildings, including energy management systems.
- Knowledge in data management programming (e.g. Python) will be positively valued.
- Full professional English proficiency.
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and spoken will be an asset.
About Energy Transition in Cities department
CENER’s Energy Transition in Cities department develops R&D and technical consultancy projects related to the applications and use of energy in buildings and districts, proposing new energy concepts that bring us closer to the scenario of carbon neutral cities.
Energy Transition in Cities is a department composed by engineers and architects with great experience in ambitious projects of buildings and positive energy districts, integration of renewable energies in urban environments, energy efficiency in buildings and smart cities.
The projects in which the Energy Transition in Cities department works are both national and international, for public administrations and private companies, collaborating with architects, engineers, manufacturers, developers and other technology centers.
What do we offer?
– The incorporation in a modern and innovative technology center that plays a relevant role in the Energy Transition, joining a group of highly specialized and experienced researchers.
– The possibility of developing a professional career in the field of low carbon buildings, innovative HVAC systems in buildings and districts, and integration of renewable energies in the built environment, working on R&D projects in international environments, collaborating with other leading technology centers.
Type of contract: indefinite
For more information and to send your CV please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org writing the subject: ENGINEER SPECIALIZED IN INNOVATIVE ENERGY SYSTEMS IN BUILDINGS