Accredited by the National Accreditation Body (ENAC) and also by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) for testing PV modules under following standards: IEC-61215 for crystalline silicon PV modules, IEC-61646 for thin film PV modules, IEC-61730 Electrical Safety Tests and IEC-62108 for CPV.
CENER is member of the certifying scheme of the IECEE as Certification Body Testing Laboratory (CBTL) for PV modules.
CENER is a working/collaborating with Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for cooperative testing of PV modules in accordance to the respective IEC- and UL Standards.
Other services based in standards:
The CENER Photovoltaic Components Testing Laboratory has also defined some Protocols for the study, analysis and characterization of Photovoltaic Modules. Among them are:
- Initial assessment of photovoltaic modules: basic characterization via inspection, maximum power determination and study of dry and wet insulation.
- Extended characterization of photovoltaic modules: includes the previous tests and specific studies on behavior of PV modules at different irradiances and temperatures, and measurement of power, voltage and current temperature coefficients.
- Statistic verification of the output power of a population of photovoltaic modules.
- IEC-61701: Salt mist corrosion testing of photovoltaic modules.
- Analysis and diagnosis tests of PV modules: In addition to the whole certification standard, the Laboratory also performs tests corresponding to individual phases of the regulation and “made-to-measure” tests are also defined in order to assess prototypes or process modifications that will be applied in the PV module fabrication plants.
- Forecast of the evolution of defects identified in PV modules during operation: Different test programs are used to predict the evolution of PV plants performance when they have a certain number of modules with defects. Specific test sequences are defined depending on particular defects identified in order to evaluate future degradation of the PV modules and, as a consequence, the energetic generation of the PV plant.
NEW! CLIMATIC CHAMBER WITH SUN SIMULATOR FOR LARGE SIZE PV MODULES
- Since up to 9 large format modules can be installed simultaneously.
- Solar Simulator class BBB.
- It also allows the testing other PV components: solar trackers, inverters, etc. as well as any other material or product requiring tests with controlled parameters of temperature, humidity and radiation.
NEW! SOLAR FLASH SIMULATOR
- A+A+A+ class
- Ready for big size and new technologies PV modules
- LED technology with 200ms light pulse
- Built-in thermal chamber
EXPLANATORY VIDEO ABOUT THE OPERATION OF THE NEW SOLAR SIMULATOR
Apart from these activities, the LEMF participates in national and international research projects and it regularly carries out measures to compare its results with other prestigious laboratories in the field of PVSE.
We gratefully acknowledge the traceability to the SI unit of irradiance via the ESTI laboratory within Directorate C – Energy, Transport and Climate at the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre.