The National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain (CENER) develops applied research in renewable energies, and provides technological support to companies and energy institutions in five areas: wind, solar thermal and photovoltaic solar energy, biomass, energy transition in cities, and grid integration, electrical storage and hydrogen. CENER is a technology centre with worldwide recognised prestige, activity and experience.
CENER is currently developing 52 R+D+i projects, acting as coordinator in 14 of them, which receive funding from the European Commission, the Government of Spain and the Government of Navarra. All of them are projects with a varied theme in which it is a matter of using the knowledge acquired to develop applied technology, with the aim of collaborating in the necessary energy transition.
The Board of Trustees is comprised of the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation, Ciemat, the Ministry for the Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge, and the Government of Navarre.
CENER’s headquarters is located close to Pamplona (Navarre-Spain). The centre has also cutting edge techonolgical infrastructures and offices at other locations.
CENER´s expertise is focused on three main areas:
- Development of R+D+i projects for industrial application.
- Highly skilled testing services and certification for components.
- Technical assistance and feasibility studies for renewable energy technologies.
CENER’s activity covers the entire renewable energy generation process:
- Renewable Resource Assesment.
- Development of Simulation and Design Tools.
- Development of Renewable Energy Generation Technology.
- Definition and Performance of Tests on complete systems and components.
- Technological Risk Assessment.
- Feasibility Studies.
- Development and Application of Regulatory Laws.