(Optimal System-Mix Of flexibility Solutions for European electricity)
The objective of this project is to investigate and demonstrate the synergies between different sources of flexibility (storage of hybrid energy, demand-response, FACT devices, cross-border exchange, …) to achieve a competitive energy system through 4 demonstrators.
For more information: www.osmose-h2020.eu
2017 Strategic Projects of the Government of Navarre. Distributed storage based on hydraulic pumping for application in microgrids.
The goal of e-HIERA is twofold. On one hand to develop a hybrid storage solution based on distributed pumping with supercapacitors and, on the other, the development of a hydraulic generation system based on an in-line turbine for application in both pumping systems and water supply networks.
Peer to Peer Smart Energy Distribution Networks
P2P-SmartTest project investigates and demonstrates a smarter electricity distribution system integrated with advanced ICT, regional markets and innovative business models. It will employ Peer-to-Peer (P2P) approaches to ensure the integration of demand side flexibility and the optimum operation of DER and other resources within the network while maintaining second-to-second power balance and the quality and security of the supply.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 646469.
- Project website : www.p2psmartest-h2020.eu
- For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
LIFE ZAESS (2014-2017) +info
Demonstration of a low cost and environmentally friendly Zinc Air Energy Storage System for renewable energy integration
- LIFE13 ENV/ES/001159
- The LIFE ZAESS project aims to demonstrate an energy storage technology for increasing the share of intermittent renewable energies in the European energy mix and reducing CO2 emissions thereby.
- CENER will assess the environmental sustainability of the zinc-air technology, and will identify legal and regulatory barriers that could hinder the deployment of energy storage technologies. CENER will also be responsible for the dissemination of the results of the project and the overall benefits of energy storage to all the stakeholders affected. Furthermore, CENER will contribute in analyzing the power sector and potential applications of energy storage systems.
- The LIFE programme contributes with 50% to the project budget.
- Partners: Técnicas Reunidas (coordinator) and CENER.
- The project has had a budget of 1.2 M€ ending in October 2017.
After 40 months of intense activity the LIFE ZAESS project has been successfully completed. The second video, “Progress and results of the project“, is now available on the ZAESS website. It includes the results of the technical-economic, environmental and regulatory studies realized for the technology of zinc-air flow batteries are presented. These activities and results have also been published on the web through the “Layman’s report” in a short and visual format.
(Developing Cryogenic Energy Storage at Refrigerates Warehouses)
Developing Cryogenic Energy Storage at Refrigerates Warehouses as an interactive hub to integrate renewable energy in industrial food refrigeration and to enhance power grid sustainability.
For more information: www.cryohub.eu/en-gb/
(Added value of STORage in distribution sYstems)
STORY wants to demonstrate and evaluate innovative approaches for energy storage systems. The challenge is to find solutions, which are affordable, secure and ensure an increased percentage of self-supply. The project consists of eight different demonstration cases each with different local / small-scale storage concepts and technologies, covering industrial and residential environments. These demonstrations feed into a large-scale impact assessment, with the central question being: “What could be the added value of storage in the distribution grid?”
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 646426
Factory Microgrid (2014-2017)
CENER Grid Integration Department is participating in the Factory Microgrid project (LIFE13 ENV/ES/000700). It is a demonstrative project that is part of the LIFE + 2013 program (European Commission), whose main objective is to demonstrate, through the implementation of a full-scale industrial installation, that microgrids can become one of the most appropriate solutions for energy generation and management in factories that want to minimize their environmental impact. Besides CENER as project partner is too Jofemar Corporation. CENER contribution will be its expertise and knowledge in distributed generation, microgrids and energy storage systems.
- SUDOE Interreg IV B.
- Smart systems for optimization and management of microgrids based on renewables for industrial applications in SUDOE area.
- CENER is the WP3’s coordinator for modelling, simulation and experimental validation of microgrids in industrial estates.
H2 Sotavento Plant (2009-2012)
- Private funding.
- Theoretical and experimental characterization studies of the experimental plant for hydrogen production and storage installed in Sotavento Experimental Wind Farm (Galicia) and property of Gas Natural Fenosa.
- Cenit National Programme.
- New technologies for deep water off-shore wind farms.
- CENER has developed the analysis of the Spanish grid with PSS/E to increase the off-shore wind power penetration by using Energy storage systems based on desalinization.
Localised Grid Management (2008-2009)
- IDAE and British Embassy.
- Methodology development to implement smart grids in urban areas.
- CENER was the Project coordinator.